ActioNet, Inc Linux Systems Administrator in Honolulu, Hawaii
• Require(s) a Top Secret security clearance and a IT-I (privileged level systems access) will, immediately upon hire, require Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access eligibility adjudicated by HQ USPACOM. SCI processing for SCI eligibility will be coordinated with the supporting Government Security Manager and will begin immediately upon start of duty performance under this contract/order.
• IAW DoD 8570.01-M, must meet IAT I minimum qualifications .
• Must have at least three years of experience managing, supporting, patching, backing up and restoring Linux/UNIX systems and applications in a DoD environment.
• Must have experience securing systems and applications in accordance with Federal, DoD and HQ PACOM regulations, directives, policies and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
• Must have experience with managing BIND DNS.
• Must have experience managing Linux/UNIX operating systems in a Virtual Machine Operating Environment (VOE) like VMware.
• Must have experience installing, configuring and managing Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) within a DoD environment.
• Must have experience managing SMTP Relay’s.
• Must have experience managing and securing Apache Web Servers.
• Must have experience managing, supporting and using a SPLUNK Syslog server.
• Must have experience supporting Host Based Security System (HBSS) agents on Linux/UNIX systems. 11. Must be “Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) 6 (or later)”certified and certification must be in good standing
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, are required for individuals supporting tasks in this PWS, as there will be considerable interaction with customers, vendors, Headquarters Program Director staff, and other high-level stakeholders in support of these requirements.ActioNet has an opportunity for a Linux System Administrator requiring a Top Secret clearance located in Honolulu, Hawaii. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. In this role, you will be responsible for:
Candidate will perform day-to-day system administration services and is responsible for supporting information technology disciplines and practices to ensure the operations, confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets in accordance with established standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with information owners, HQ PACOM Directorates, Systems Staff, Network Staff and Cybersecurity staff to ensure system/application operations and security is achieved, maintained and reported accurately for HQ USPACOM networks. The Candidate shall install, Operate, Enhance, Secure, Monitor, initiate corrective actions and Report on systems under their assigned responsibilities.
Linux System Administration: Maintain, install, update, to include patching, and secure operating systems and applications for all current and additional assigned systems and applications within USPACOM. The following is a non-inclusive list of PACOM systems and applications required to be supported.
a) Systems and applications may be updated, removed, and/or added in which the candidate shall support: • Linux/UNIX • Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) Domain Name System (DNS) • Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) • SMTP Relay • SPLUNK • SYSLOG • APACHE
b) Responsible for patching of systems and applications. Coordinate ASI’s if downtime required to complete patching.
c) Maintain the security posture and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance, in accordance with DoD and PACOM requirements, of all assigned systems and applications. Analyze processes, assigned systems and applications and make recommendations for improvements and automation.
d) Ensure all Linux/UNIX systems and applications are compliant with DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) requirements.
e) Refer to current DoD and PACOM directives and policies to maintain and update Kickstart deployment files (classified/unclassified) for automated secure installations of mission critical Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems.
f) Create and maintain custom scripts.
g) Ensure that all Linux/Unix systems are included in the USPACOM Host Base Security System (HBSS) architecture and that all required HBSS components are installed and configured correctly.
h) Review the security and performance logs daily.
i) Participate in technical exchange meetings, work groups, and workshops as required and make recommendations to the Government.
j) Ensure that all assigned systems are being scanned in accordance with DoD guidance and the scan results are reviewed at least weekly.
k) Responsible for backup/restore Linux/UNIX systems and applications in accordance with DoD and USPACOM polices.
l) Ensure adequate support is available during command exercises and command inspections.
m) Responsible for testing and executing the Linux/UNIX Continuity of Operations (COOP), to include, documenting and reporting the results accordingly.
n) Candidate is responsible for creating, maintaining, testing, and updating Linux/UNIX Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documentation.
o) The candidate shall provide the COR-appointed Technical Assistant (TA) with a Monthly Status Report (MSR) no later than the 5th of the month following the reporting period. At a minimum, the MSR shall include the following information: 1. A list of accomplishments during the reporting period 2. A synopsis of the efforts completed, deliverables provided, and meetings attended/conducted during the reporting period 3. Identify any task issues, problem areas and items that require Government action
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ActioNet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. ActioNet’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
The ActioNet Career Center is accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this portal or you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Jonathan Dobles, Technical Recruiter, at 703-204-0090 ext 195 or JDobles@ActioNet.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.