Hawaii Pacific University Base Assistant in Honolulu, Hawaii
Job Summary: This position will monitor the use of the Marine Corps Base Education Center and University support equipment. Duties to include but not limited to: open classrooms prior to the start time of classes and secure the building when classes end; monitor student/instructor access to facility with classroom management; distribute/monitor audiovisual equipment and ensure classrooms are secured; and assist in general office tasks.
- High School diploma/GED
- Six months general office experience providing customer service
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications to include Word and Outlook
- Previous experience operating audiovisual equipment such as projectors and smartboards.
- Able to work on weekdays, weekends including Sundays, evenings and on holidays including all shifts and extended hours.
- Reliable personal transportation to facilitate travel between military base
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to obtain personal military credentials for access to U.S. military bases
- One year experience in higher education
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to work in an environment that utilize excellent time and stress management skills
- Report to work obligations to support the department and may require work during HPU's winter break, if necessary
- Must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with the Protection of Minors policy
- Must be able to work all shifts and extended hours
- Upon hire, candidate must have reliable transportation to facilitate travel between all HPU worksites and other locations as required by the position. This includes a valid driver's license and a personal vehicle that is legally registered and insured.
- Successful candidate will be able to work in an environment that utilize excellent time and stress management skills.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
1. Facility Security (45%)
- Assure scheduled classes are ready for instructions.
- Patrol the building to make sure no unauthorized personnel are on premises.
- Compete a daily check list to assure all access points and classrooms are secured at the end of instructions.
- Promptly notify all suspicious activities to first responders and appropriate Navy College or University staff as needed
2. Classroom and Equipment Responsibility (35%)
- Assist students/instructors to locate classrooms, computer labs, and other Navy College facilities.
- Manage educational audiovisual equipment
- Transports equipment from the storage facility to the classroom.
- Assist with equipment set-up and operation including troubleshooting problems.
3. General Office Duties (15%)
- Assist with office organization including updating filing system
- Assist with office processes as directed
4. Performs other related duties as assigned (5%)
- Actively participates as an effective member of team by completing assigned duties, accepting additional assignments or reassignments.
- Assists with seasonal peaks.
This description is not designed to list all activities, duties or responsibilities which may be required for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned at any time.
Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or any other protected class covered by state and federal law. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
Location: Kaneohe/Camp Smith Ed Ctr, HI
Job Type: Staff - Regular Part Time Non-Exempt
Department: HPU - Kaneohe MCAS/Camp Smith Admin
Job Number: 00802
Closing: 1/2/2019 11:59 PM Hawaii
Agency: Hawaii Pacific University
Address: 1164 Bishop St 8th Floor Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813