Hawaii Pacific University Accounts Payable/PCard Coordinator in Honolulu, Hawaii
Job Summary: Process vendor payments, reconcile vendor statements, manage rush check requests as necessary, and all verbal and written communication with vendors for multiple legal entities. Ensure accurate and timely creation and updating of vendor and accounting records, including the Vendor Master Database. Maintain and file vendor backup documentation, including W-9 forms, and manage the processing of 1099 forms and W-8BEN Forms. Provide excellent customer service in assisting students, parents, external customers, and HPU staff via face-to-face or telephone interactions or written email or letter communications.
Acting as a software administrator, process Purchasing Card (PCard) requests for additions, changes, and deletions. Provide customer service for PCard holder questions, charge/decline issue resolution, and help ensure compliance to HPU PCard policy. Review departments' PCard submissions. Participate in Ellucian (Banner) AP module software testing, evaluation, and process improvements.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
- Two (2) years of Accounts Payable (AP), PCard, or Accounting experience;
- Two (2) years of college education, vocational school, or Associates Degree, or, High School Diploma or G.E.D. and additional two (2) years for a total of four (4) years of Accounts Payable (AP) or Accounting experience in a medium to large organization may be supplemented;
- Two (2) years of experience with computerized accounting programs;
- One (1) year of Customer Service experience;
- Demonstrated understanding and utilization of functionality in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Able to work all shifts and extended hours;
Must have reliable transportation to all HPU worksites. Desired Qualifications:
Two (2) years of Customer Service experience
- Ellucian (Banner) Software experience
- Higher Education and/or non-profit organization experience
- Detail oriented, ability to follow up and resolve issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills _Other Qualifications: _ Successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, utilizing excellent time and stress-management skills. He or she will be part of a team and work to strategically move the University forward to meet strategic goals and initiatives.
AP Responsibilities – 40%
- Prepare all invoices for payment for vendors, including Financial Aid refunds to students.
- All RUSH items should be input for payment first, these items would include Financial Aid refunds, Student refunds, Bank Transfers, and other payments requested as rush by individuals.
- Input all approved PO's and invoices for vendors into Banner.
- The rush payments should be inputted first so that the payment can be generated.
- Cut checks and send for approvals. Upon return, mail or return checks to the requestor.
- Sort and distribute all US and interoffice mail to the Business Office staff.
- Date stamp and distribute mail to other departments for approvals or sort for payment.
- Print out and distribute purchase orders to all departments. Maintain a numerical filing system of all purchase orders.
- Review monthly statements from vendors and check if all outstanding amounts have been paid by HPU. Check vendor history to verify invoice status; if invoice is still outstanding or has been paid. Contact vendor for a copy if the invoice can't be located.
- Maintain the petty cash fund (distribution, balancing)
- Prepare JE work papers and submit to Accountant for input into Ellucian (Banner) monthly.
- Order supplies for the Business Office as needed.
- Fill in when the other Accounts Payable/PCard Coordinator is absent or on leave and perform tasks assigned to that individual.
- Process payments upon due dates and or by request for payments.
- Process 1099 forms, W-8BEN forms, and other forms as necessary.
Participate in Ellucian (Banner) AP module software testing, evaluation, and process improvements. PCard Administration – 30%
Act as PCard software administrator.
- Process upload of all PCard data to general ledger for posting monthly.
- Process all PCard user requests and issuing PCards to new users.
- Provide PCard policy and procedure training to new PCard users prior to issuing new PCards.
- Set all PCard limits and business rules according to HPU policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Monitor all PCard activity for compliance with HPU policy and procedures.
- Changing or correcting PCard limits and parameters as needed.
- Providing notification to PCard users and their supervisors of violations of PCard policy and procedures and, when necessary, canceling cardholder's PCard.
- Contacting the PCard provider to resolve PCard use, charge, credit, and other problems.
Liaison between the Business Office and Procurement to run weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and annual reports as necessary. Customer Service Support - 25%
Assist students, parents, external vendors, and HPU staff with processing and paying vendor invoices and or student refunds.
Handle all verbal and written communications with vendors in reference to outstanding accounts and resolving vendor payment issues/discrepancies. General Office Support related duties as assigned – 5%
Train new hires on the AP and Purchasing Card processes.
- Check Business Office email account and forward to appropriate functional area within the Business Office.
- Pick up and sorting of mail and faxes; kitchen clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Financial Grants Management/Accounts Payable
- Actively participates as an effective member of team by completing assigned duties, accepting additional assignments or reassignments.
- Assists with seasonal peaks. This description is not designed to list all activities, duties or responsibilities which may be required for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned at any time.
Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or any other protected class covered by state and federal law. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
Location: HPU Downtown Campus; Honolulu, HI
Job Type: Staff - Regular Full Time Non-Exempt
Department: Business Office
Job Number: 00856
Closing: 1/1/2019 11:59 PM Hawaii
Agency: Hawaii Pacific University
Address: 1164 Bishop St 8th Floor Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813