Army Installation Management Command Bowling Facility Maintenance Worker (Laborer) NA-03 in Fort Shafter, Hawaii
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is ISLAND OF OAHU. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Fort Shafter Bowling Center, Fort Shafter, Hawaii.
This is a Standing Register with an initial cutoff date set for 17-Dec-2018. Eligible applicants will be referred to management upon request.
Learn more about this agency
- Makes minor corrective adjustments to bowling alley machinery and performs periodic preventive maintenance on automatic handling equipment.
- Cleans and conditions howling lanes and return racks; maintains proper stock levels of spare parts and pins for automatic pin setter and mechanical equipment; and assists with general maintenance and cleaning of bowling facilities.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment used.
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions.
- Routine duties are performed independently.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j.
- Incumbent must be able to stand, walk, bend, and lift light and medium weight items.
No prior training or work experience required.
Applicant must: 1. Be able to understand and follow written instructions 2. Have ability to handle tools and equipment used 3. Be physically able to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds 4. Be able to actively bend, stoop, reach and work in awkward positions.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 P.M. HST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is NOT authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is NOT in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Army NAF Paysetting rules/requirements apply to this vacancy announcement.
- This is a flexible position that there are no guaranteed hours. Must be willing to serve in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- For a full listing of duties for this position, please click on the link below. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hmmqHWJmZlIuYk6ZR
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
If you are claiming any of the above eligibilities, your supporting documentation must be received at the time of application.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434, PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
EW-NAF-W3RBAA US ARMY GARRISON HAWAII DO NOT MAIL Fort Shafter, HI 96858 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518568300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 12/03/2018 to 02/12/2019
Pay scale & grade: NA 3
Salary: $13.18 to $15.33 per hour This position is not entitled to 10.99% COLA (Island of Oahu), subject to change without notice.
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent